Sunday, December 9, 2012

Serious Time

I have to get semi-serious for this post, which is going to be tough because I like making jokes too much.  Well, here it goes...

My favorite band is Tool.  No doubt about it.  The sense of awe and enamor while listening is unlike anything else in the music world.  Back in high school, around 2008, I wrote an essay about the lead singer, Maynard James Keenan, and how he impacted this world.  His emotions flood from his lyrics, lyrics that he keeps open for interpretation so we can all experience the music in our own way.

 Yes, this is the musical genius I speak of.



I'd like you share a quote from him, "Once you take yourself too seriously the art will suffer."  This is something I like to remember when working artistically.  I write this blog with a sense of seriousness behind it, but, as you can probably tell, I like to have fun with it.  My attitude is never totally serious because I like having fun too much.  Really, I never take myself seriously, there's just no enjoyment in taking life seriously.  No matter what the subject is, I will find a positive light to it and try to make some joke.

Here's a humorous display of suicide.

Yeah, this was a short blog post, but it was written in the manner of "I'm going to sit down and write a blog post about not taking myself seriously and see if not taking myself seriously will make a seriously good post."  Did it work?  Yeah, it was probably fantastic, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Google Analytics Alternative